ISM Philosophy of Education
Learning is a life-long process nurtured through an education that is inspirational in nature, holistic in perspective, global in context and responsible in practice.
We believe that the following statements define and promote personal excellence in all facets of education, the pursuit of which is the expectation for all.
- Learning takes place in a safe, collaborative and caring environment
- An education that is inspirational in nature emphasises inquiry, relevance, creativity, and reflection
- Holistic learning encompasses the development of social, emotional, cognitive and physical dispositions
- Holistic learning explores the links between different subjects and connects experiences within and outside the classroom
- Education in a global context promotes an appreciation and understanding of multiple perspectives and interdependence of individuals, societies and environments
- Being responsible involves having attitudes and undertaking actions that are socially and ethically sound.
- Being responsible entails prudent use of resources, and mindful application of knowledge
International School Moshi provides a world-class education through a challenging international curriculum in a dynamic environment. We are committed to developing balanced global citizens who are empowered to act responsibly in a complex world.
International School Moshi, Tanzania will be globally recognized as the finest international school in East Africa, enabling our students to be successful people.
This will be accomplished by:
- Providing the finest student-centred educational programmes through the International Baccalaureate (PYP, MYP, DP)
- Offering internationally recognized qualifications enabling entry to the finest universities in the world
- Recruiting and retaining the finest staff who are highly qualified, experienced, dynamic, and caring
- Extending and developing networks with local, regional and international partnerships
- Supporting educational, cultural and personal development through engagement with our communities
- Making full use of the opportunities offered by the unique location and environment
- Building an effective and efficient organization able to continually develop and improve our educational, financial and operational performance.
These Guiding Statements were approved and adopted by the Governing Board of ISM in November 2011.